Join us this weekend for a celebration of South African wine!
This month, the Wine Pairing Weekend crew is exploring South African wine!
Even though South Africa has a long-standing history of wine production, it is only in the last 10 years that it has started to gain global recognition.
The Mediterranean climate along the western coast of South Africa is perfect for growing grapes, and the region has become known for many unique whites and reds. From Chenin Blanc to Pinotage, and even more familiar types like Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon, the wines of South Africa showcase rich flavor and a beautiful artistry as the industry continues to grow in popularity.
South African Wine Pairings
Here is a look at what recipes and pairings will be coming to the #winePW table on Saturday, August 13th.
- Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Bunny Chow & A Pinotage
- Sarah and Tim from Curious Cuisiniere: Frikkadel with Sheba Sauce and a South African Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jennifer from Vino Travels: South African Chenin Blanc with Shrimp Scampi
- Michelle from Rockin Red Blog: #WinePW Explores South African #Wine ~ A Whale’s Tale
- Nancy from Pull That Cork: Waterkloof Cape Coral Rosé and BLT
- David from Cooking Chat: Turmeric Spiced Steak and South African Wine Pairings
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva: Tasting South African Food & Wine
- Gwendolyn from Wine Predator: Food with spice and wine that’s nice!
Coming Up for #WinePW
Our September #winePW theme will be “Grüner Veltliner Pairings,” on September 10th, 2016. The event will be hosted by Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog, so keep an eye out for details!
For a list of past and upcoming #winePW event, visit the Wine Pairing Weekend calendar. We’d love to have you online with us!