These easy, no bake, frozen Margarita Cheesecake bites pack big Tequila and lime flavor. Think blended margarita plus a delightful, cheesecake creaminess.
Can you tell we’re still holding on to the last throes of summer here?
It was up in the 80’s yesterday, and these frozen cheesecake bites were perfectly reminiscent of a blended margarita, with an added creamy texture that makes them both unique and delicious.
Our No Bake Frozen Margarita Cheesecake Bites
Margarita Cheesecake Bites: Adults Only
These babies DO contain alcohol, so they’re more for the adult crowd. And, we tend to like to taste our Tequila, so it does pack a kick here.
If you like the idea of these bites, but not so much the Tequila punch, go ahead and reduce the Tequila and Triple Sec to 2 Tbsp or even 1 1/2 Tbsp.
You can always start small and make additions as you go along.
Yield 1 doz cheesecakes if made in regular muffin tins (or 36 mini cheesecakes if made in mini muffin tins)
- 3 c pretzels
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- ¼ c water, warm
- 1 ½ tsp plain gelatin (roughly ½ of a package)
- 8 oz cream cheese (1/3 fat or regular), softened to room temperature
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1/3 c sugar
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 - 2 ½ Tbsp Triple Sec
- 2 - 2 ½ Tbsp silver Tequila
- Limes and coarse sugar (optional, for topping)
- Process pretzels in a food processor until crumbs form. Add sugar and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into a small bowl. Add melted butter and stir until pretzel pieces are well coated.
- Press one rounded tablespoon into each lined muffin tin.
- Freeze crusts while preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ c warm water with gelatin. Stir to dissolve and set aside to let the gelatin soften.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until soft. Add sour cream and sugar. Beat until combined.
- In a small, microwave safe, bowl, mix lime juice and alcohols. Heat in the microwave until warm (30 seconds).
- While blending with your hand mixer, slowly add the warm alcohol mixture and combine. (This will warm the cream cheese mixture slightly so that the gelatin doesn’t seize as is hits the cool mixture.)
- Stir the gelatin mixture and add it slowly to your cream cheese mixture, while blending until smooth.
- Scoop ¼ c of filling into each of the lined muffin tins, over the crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- (Optional) Garnish with lime slices and coarse sugar.