This week for #SundaySupper, we are getting inspired by TV personality, chef, and cookbook author Sara Moulton.
We’ve all picked one of Sara’s recipes to make or to inspire us for this week’s tribute to a woman who has inspired many of us in our culinary adventures.
We are also happy to be able to offer one of our readers a copy of Sara’s cookbook Everyday Family Dinners.
Be sure to read to the end to enter!
This Watermelon Basil Lemonade was inspired by Sara’s Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade.
We pumped a bit more lemon into Sara’s recipe, since we like things to have a bit of a punch. And, we toned down sugar a bit to really let the watermelon sweetness shine through.
The addition of basil may seem a bit different. But, imagine getting a good whiff of a bountiful herb garden as you sip a cool lemonade on a warm summer’s day.
That just where the basil takes you here, making this a perfect summer drink.
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed (seeds removed)
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ c fresh basil leaves
- Ice for serving
- In a blender combine the watermelon, lemon juice and zest, and sugar. Puree until smooth.
- Taste and add additional sugar if desired.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher.
- Bruise the basil leaves by laying a few in one hand and smacking them firmly with the other hand. (This will help speed up the releasing of their oils.) Add bail to the pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, pour over ice and garnish with additional basil leaves.
[raw]a Rafflecopter giveaway[/raw]
Please join us in welcoming Sara Moulton to #SundaySupper this week. We are so excited for this event and want to share recipes from Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners with all of you. Join the chat and follow the bloggers listed below. Selected bloggers will be giving away a copy of this must have cookbook. (Giveaway closed.) Follow Sara Moulton and her recipes on www.saramoulton.com | Facebook |Twitter
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.