Am I right?
Really, I don’t know that there isn’t a day when pancakes don’t sound like a viable dinner option. Most of the time we try to make respectable meals, but it’s always fun to give in to the desire to mix things up every once in a while.
This week’s #SundaySupper is all about breakfast for dinner.
Does that mean pancakes or French toast at your house? Or maybe eggs and bacon. Or something even more out of the ordinary.
Since we have a difficult time making important decisions (like waffles or eggs), we’ve combined the breakfast bread or egg dilemma in this Denver Breakfast Ring.
Recalling an egg scrambler he had eaten years past, Tim came up with the filling of potatoes, green peppers, ham, and eggs that are wrapped in a fluffy croissant blanket.
This could be breakfast or dinner any day!
- ½ tsp oil
- ⅓ c onion, diced
- ⅓ c green pepper, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced (approx ½ c)
- ½ c cooked ham, cut into small cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough
- ½ c cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- In a medium, non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and pepper and sauté 3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes and ham. Cook 7-10 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Remove ham mixture from the pan to a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs with seasonings. Pour beaten eggs into hot frying pan. Stir often with a rubber spatula to scramble eggs while cooking. Remove from heat when firm.
- Unroll croissants from their can and place triangles on a circular pizza pan with the points facing out and the bases overlapping, to form an 8-pointed star. You will have a lot of dough overlap towards the middle and a hole in the center. Use the dough overlap to press the dough together to fill in the hole.
- Spread the cooked eggs in a circle on the dough. Top eggs with ham mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Gently fold the points in and press the dough together at the center of the ring.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Until the croissants are browned and firm.
We have a bunch of dinner worthy breakfast dishes this week. Thanks to Connie from The Foodie Army Wife for hosting the breakfast extravaganza!
Tres Leches Pancakes from La Cocina de Leslie
French Toast Casserole with Sautéed Apples from The Foodie Army Wife
Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza from Blueberries And Blessings
Basic Vegan Waffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Kale, Bacon, Brown Rice Crustless Quiche from Shockingly Delicious
Bacon Egg and Potato Breakfast Tacos from Cookin’ Mimi
Steak and Egg Tostadas from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Breakfast Bowls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Homemade Lox from Growing Up Gabel
Seattle Sandwiches (Lox, Shmear, & A Fried Egg) from Juanita’s Cocina
Bacon & Brie Potato Bread Strata with Roasted Pears from Eat, Move, Shine
Saucy Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sliders from Daily Dish Recipes
Greek Frittata from Casa de Crews
Elderberry Flower Pancakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Prosciutto, Gorgonzola and Rosemary Strata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Italian Turkey Meatballs (With a Secret) from What Smells So Good?
Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Pizza from Runner’s Tales
Red Pepper and Egg Galette from Healthy. Delicious.
Waffles – One Plate, Two Ways: Sweet & Savory from Foxes Love Lemons
Steak & Egg Bagel Sandwich from girlichef
Florentine Benedict from Supper for a Steal
Oatmeal Ice Cream from Treats & Trinkets
Banana Waffles with Peanut Butter Syrup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Baked Berry French Toast from Table For Seven
But wait, there’s more!
Open Faced BTC Sandwich from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Crustless Spinach Quiche from The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
Bacon ‘n Eggs Bread Pudding from gotta get baked
Denver Breakfast Ring from Curious Cuisiniere
Copycat Japanese McDonald’s from Ninja Baking
One Pan Full English Fry-up from Food Lust People Love
Crumpets with Whipped Orange Honey from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Leek, Mushroom and Gruyère Quiche from Hip Foodie Mom
Joe’s Special, the Original San Francisco Treat from Webicurean
Dark Chocolate, Orange & Pistachio Greek Yogurt Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Gluten Free Tomato Basil Crepes form No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
Sour Cherry Crisp from Pies and Plots
Cream Dried Beef and Waffles from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Almond Rice Crepes Stuffed With Sweet Potatoes & Peas from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Zucchini Pancakes with Sautéed Tomatoes and Feta from Ruffles & Truffles
Apple, Bacon, and Dubliner Cheese Stuffed French Toast from Neighborfood
Dulce de Leche Stuffed French Toast from Basic N Delicious
Normally it would be very socially unacceptable to have wine with your breakfast, but seeing as this is closer to sunset than sunrise, we say go for it!!!
Hangtown Fry and Wine Pairings with Breakfast for Dinner from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.