Leftover holiday ham becomes a delicious breakfast or brunch dish in this hearty Ham Strata.
Are the Christmas parties still in swing? Or, are you winding down and taking a breath before New Year’s eve?
We’re excited to be celebrating all weekend long, but boy are the leftovers piling up!
Don’t get me wrong, holiday leftovers are some of the best leftovers ever. But, sometimes you just want to rework the ingredients a little, or maybe use them for a second party and hope no one is the wiser!
It is light enough not to bring back the Christmas food coma, but filled with protein to keep you going strong while running around entertaining any family that is still in town.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ¾ c skim milk
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 c cooked ham, chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 5 c bread cubes (we used grain bread)
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, mustard, and milk. Add ½ c of cheese and the remaining ingredients, except bread cubes. Mix to combine.
- Add bread cubes and stir to coat the bread.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes, until firm in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes before serving.