What a month for firsts! Earlier this week was my first time participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, and now I’m excited to be taking part in my very first #SundaySupper.
What is #SundaySupper? It is a movement to recognize the importance of family meal time. Each week bloggers come together on Sunday to share their meal ideas, tips, and tricks for bring the family together around the table.
This Sunday’s topic will get you inspired for all those Christmas and New Year’s parties. We’re sharing our favorite Holiday Drinks and Appetizers!
Since Tim and I are sill on a sugar high from this past week’s Cookie Swap, we were excited for a topic that would let us tap into the savory side of entertaining.
As we brainstormed, Tim mentioned that we hadn’t made a snack mix in a while, so we set out to create a festive and savory version to fill our cravings.
The green herbs and red pepper flakes baked into this mix give it a festive feel with a mildly herby flavor and an ever so slight kick.
- 2 c corn Chex
- 2 c rice Chex
- 2 c Cheerios
- 2 c pretzels (We used sticks)
- 1 c cashews (salted or unsalted, your choice)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp tarragon
- 2 tsp rosemary, ground
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a large bowl, mix cereals, pretzels, and nuts.
- Add melted butter, and toss to coat.
- Mix in all your seasonings until evenly distributed.
- Spread the mix on an aluminum foil lined baking pan.
- Bake for 45 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
This week the #SundaySupper crew is sharing their favorite Holiday Drink and Appetizer recipes, just in time for Holiday entertaining! This week’s host is Connie from the Foodie Army Wife. Here’s what everyone is bringing to the party!
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Cookies-n-Cream Cocktails from The Urban Mrs
- Cranberry Fizz from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Rosemary Orange Punsch from Glactopdx
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate from Momma’s Meals
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from The Daily Dish Recipes
- Jamaican Sorrel from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Spoons from Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate fromCravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Eggnog fromFlour on my Face
- Moroccan Mint Tea from MarocMama
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wassel from There And Back Again
- Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail fromCupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pomegranate Cosmo fromSupper For A Steal
- Poinsettia Mimosas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Caramel Apple Cider-tinis & Procrastination from Kelly Bakes
- Egg Cream for Adults from Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Mulled Wine: Spiked and Steamy from Daddy Knows Less
- Hot Chocolate Party from Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Poinsettia Cocktails from The Catholic Foodie
- The Red Carpet Diva from Cooking Underwriter
Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Cheese Ball Wreath from The Meltaways
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts fromMy Catholic Kitchen
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels fromThat Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Drunk Moose Meatballs from The Foodie Army Wife
- Smoked Salmon Blinis with Cranberry-Spiced Feta from Chattering Kitchen
- Sticky Wholegrain Mustard & Ginger Cocktail Sausages from girlichef
- Potato Leek Soup fromWhat Smells So Good
- Firecracker Shrimp and Samosas fromCrispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread fromSmall Wallet Big Appetite
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Bacon Peanut Caramel Corn from Gotta Get Baked
- Crostini topped with Voodoo Chicken Cream Dip from Country Girl in the Village
- Mushroom Strudel from Vintage Kitchen
- Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip from The ROXX Box
- Herbed Holiday Party Mix from Curious Cuisiniere
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites fromCindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Saucy Asian Meatballs fromDamn Delicious
- Baked Philo Appetizers fromMy Cute Bride
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch fromJuanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese fromHome Cooking Memories
- Cookie Dough Dip fromThe Cookie-A-Day Challenge
- Parmesan Onion Rounds from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip fromComfy Cuisine
- Indian Spiced Tuna Balls from Soni’s Food
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Roasted Cranberry Beet Borsch Shooters from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Festive Cucumber & Ginger Sushi Rolls from The Ninja Baker
- Baked Brie from Family Foodie
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on December 16th. In the evening we will meet at 7 pm EST for our #SundaySupper Party live chat.
We’d also love to feature your recipe for holiday parties on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.
So tell me, what are you planning to bring to holiday parties this year? I’d love to hear what your favorites are. Feel free to leave links to any recipes in the comments section.