Bacon, turkey, avocado… for breakfast. This recipe for a Turkey Club Omelette is a breakfast that will keep you going throughout the day. And, it’s a perfect way to use up leftover holiday turkey!
Finding New Uses For Avocados
We are huge fans of avocados; so when they were on sale last week, we grabbed a couple in excitement.
But, then my stubborn side kicked in.
You see, we always use avocados to make guacamole. It’s just a natural habit. And while we make some mean guac, this time I wanted to do something different.
After quick bout of searching the web for inspiration, I was frustrated. Everyone wants you to make a guac-style dip or just chop the avocado and put it on top of salad, sandwich, burger, etc.
Not what I was looking for.
It took a few days of brainstorming, but I think we have some quite unique uses for avocado in store for you now.
Turkey, Bacon, Avocado: A Turkey Club Omlette
Starting things off is this MONSTER: a Turkey Club Omlette.
And when I say monster, I’m not kidding.
Dig out your largest frying pan.
Grab a couple spatulas.
Make sure you are stocked on eggs.
And get ready to share.
Ok, ok. It’s only 5 eggs. So, depending on your family, you might call that meager. But, for the two of us, that’s a big omlette.
Although, we did manage to polish this baby off in one sitting. It was just that good.
Crispy bacon, juicy turkey, caramelized onions, sharp cheddar cheese.
Are you drooling yet?
Bacon, turkey, avocado... for breakfast. This recipe for a Turkey Club Omelette is a breakfast that will keep you going throughout the day. And, it's a perfect way to use up leftover holiday turkey!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 Tbsp onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c cooked turkey, diced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ½ c cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium, non-stick frying pan with high sides, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from heat onto a paper towel. Once cooled, break into pieces.
- Drain all but 1 tsp of fat from the pan.*
- Reduce heat to low, sauté onions in the 1 tsp of bacon fat until translucent. Add tomatoes and turkey and heat through. Remove mixture from the pan.
- Increase heat to medium. Pour beaten eggs into the pan, creating a large round disc of eggs. Cover and cook, checking often.
- When the top of the eggs no longer wiggles, reduce heat to low. Sprinkle half of the egg round with ¼ c cheddar cheese. Add bacon pieces, turkey mixture, and diced avocado. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Carefully, fold the half of the egg round not covered in toppings over the toppings. Press down gently with a spatula. Cover and cook a minute or two longer to melt the cheese.
*The best way to dispose of bacon grease is to pour it into a glass jar or ceramic mug and let it cool until it hardens. Then it can easily be pitched.