This easy pineapple black bean salsa is bursting with sweet pineapple and juicy corn. It’s a perfect chip dip for game day!
A Unique Salsa
There is something about trying new salsa combinations that gets us ready for summer.
While we love the classic, spicy, tomato salsa, we also love trying new combinations with or without tomatoes. Corn and bean salsas are so versatile, nearly any ingredients you have on hand can be thrown together to add a new twist to a tasty (and healthy!) chip dip.
Our Pineapple Black Bean Salsa with Corn
This corn and black bean salsa uses pineapples, orange zest, and apple cider vinegar to sweeten things up a bit.
The slight spice comes from a bit of red pepper, but with the vinegar in there, this salsa is more tangy than spicy.
We found the pineapple to be a fantastic new ingredient to work with in the salsa, as it gives a whole new tropical dimension to the dish.
Grab some chips and enjoy!
This easy pineapple black bean salsa is bursting with sweet pineapple and juicy corn. It's a perfect chip dip for game day!
Yield: 5 c
- 2 c cooked black beans
- 2 c frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ c onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp juice from crushed pineapples
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 c crushed pineapples, with juice reserved
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except crushed pineapples.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, stir in crushed pineapples. (This can be done earlier, but the pineapple may lose its vibrant color due to staining from the black beans.)