If you love hummus, you’ll love the smoky twist of this White Bean Dip. It is the perfect, healthy appetizer recipe.
Sometimes you just crave snack food.
You just want to reach for something and munch.
This bean dip has a similar feel to hummus, even thought the beans are whiter and the seasonings are more of a chipotle flavor than the typical nutty, Mediterranean style of hummus.
Our Easy Smoky White Bean Dip Recipe
What I love about this dip is how simple it is.
After boiling your beans until nice and soft, everything just goes into a food processor.
If you like your dip chunky, process it a bit less. If you like it smooth as butter, really give that processor a workout.
Another great thing about making dips yourself, rather than buying store-bought, is that you control what goes in. Feeling spicy – kick up the cayenne. Watching your salt – cut back, you won’t miss it with all the flavor here.
This is an incredibly versatile dip with bright flavor from the lemon and white beans, but given a smoky fullness by the paprika and cayenne.
If you love hummus, you'll love the smoky twist of this White Bean Dip. It is the perfect, healthy appetizer recipe.
Yield: 3 c
- 1 c bread, broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 c cooked navy beans (1 ½ c dried, boiled until soft, or approximately 2 (15 oz) cans)
- ½ c reserved bean boiling juice (or juice from canned beans)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dill
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- dash cumin
- Place bread in food processor and pulse until crumbs are formed. Add lemon juice, beans, and reserved bean liquid. Pulse to blend.
- Add oil and seasonings. Puree until dip reaches desired consistency.