This recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries brings savory and sweet fall flavors together for one incredibly tasty side dish for your holiday table.
Today, the Sunday Supper crew is bringing you stories of thanksgiving and over 40 Thanksgiving and Hanukkah dishes.
Thankful for support
It is so fitting that we are sharing the spirit of thanksgiving, because so many of us are thankful for this wonderful group of bloggers who comes together each week.
When we signed up to become a member of Sunday Supper, we had no idea the caring community we was about to enter. This group of bloggers has become a network of support and encouragement that has inspired us to grow and stretch our skills further than we ever would have ever imagined.
Today is a great day to send a big “Thank You” their way!
Is there someone (or a group of someones) whose encouragement and support you are grateful for?
An unlikely combo: Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese. I know the title is quite a mouthful. But, how else do you hint at all the wonderful flavors that mingle around these lovely roasted Brussels sprouts?
We’re pretty sure this dish could convert even the most staunch Brussels sprout hater around your Thanksgiving table. It’s a bold claim, but the sweetness of the apples and cranberries, the hint of tart from the balsamic vinegar, the crunch of toasted walnuts, and just the right amount of smooth saltiness from the blue cheese combine to create a Brussels sprout side dish that is truly unlike any other.
Yes, there’s a lot going on in there. It’s practically a meal in itself. (We may or may not have eaten a whole pan of these for dinner once or twice.)
But, it goes great with a side of turkey with the fixings too.
- ¼ c chopped walnuts
- ¾ lb Brussels sprouts, halves (3 c)
- 2 medium, red potatoes, cubed (2 c)
- 1 large, crisp apple, chopped (1c)
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp dry rosemary, ground
- ½ tsp dry thyme, ground
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ c dried cranberries
- ¼ c crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet with sides and toast 7-10 minutes in preheated oven, until fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together Brussels sprout halves and chopped potatoes and apples.
- In a small bowl, or liquid measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, oil, minced garlic, and seasonings. Pour over Brussels sprout mixture and toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the mixture evenly out on the pan. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and place into serving bowl. Top with toasted walnuts (from earlier), cranberries, and crumbled blue cheese.
Thanksgiving and Hanukkah Recipes with #SundaySupper. This week we are hosted by Paula of Vintage Kitchen – thanks Paula!
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan atThe Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- Creamy Scalloped Corn from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Cheryl at Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie at The Texan New Yorker
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Maple Sweet Potato Tarts from Holly at Mess Makes Food
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Pecan Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.