Look for a bit of a kick & chipotle smokiness in these Black Bean Burgers. Add some Baked Garlic Home Fries and you have yourself a tasty and healthy meal!
Making A Black Bean Burger
We took ourselves out on a limb with these chipotle black bean burgers.
And, to go along with the healthier bean burger, we added some hearty and healthy(er) baked garlic home fries. Baking fries is so simple, and you get great flavor without the deep-fried guilt!
This was our first time making black bean burgers, and we were highly impressed by the way they turned out.
The smoky and slightly spicy chipotle seasoning packed the burgers full of flavor.
While these black bean burgers are definitely different from your traditional beef burger in texture and in flavor, we used a little beef bouillon in the seasoning, which did give them a hint of meaty flavor.
Look for a bit of a kick & chipotle smokiness in these Black Bean Burgers.
Yield: 3 burgers
- 2 c cooked black beans (drained if canned)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 3 hamburger buns
- Place beans and 1 tsp olive oil in a food processor. Blend until mostly smooth. If mixture is too dry to achieve a smooth consistency, add a Tbsp of water.
- In a medium bowl, mix bean puree, bread crumbs and spices. Add egg and mix to combine.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Shape bean mixture into patties, roughly 4" in diameter. Place patties on hot skillet.
- Cook 4 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side, until patty is firm.
- Serve topped with cheese and condiments of your choice.
Baked Garlic Home Fries are a healthier way to enjoy some flavorful French fries with your burger!
- 4 potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash potatoes and cut each potato into 8 wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place potatoe wedges on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until golden brown, turning potatoes in the pan every 10 minutes for even browning.