We love making our own oven-baked potato chips, to cut back on the grease. But, pick up a few colorful sweet potatoes, and you have an easy, festive, and healthy snack for the party!
We’ll play board games or watch a movie while making a late dinner of game-day type munchies. Champagne with the stroke of midnight is a must, but it’s about as fancy as we get. No sequined party gowns, we’re normally in our pjs.
After a year as busy as 2013 has been, it will be good to end the year on a relaxing note. And hopefully starting 2014 off in pjs with a glass of bubbly will be just the thing to set a relaxed tone for the year ahead.
But, there is something so satisfying about the crisp crunch and bright sweetness of sweet potato chips. And, with just a spritz of oil before baking, the best thing about these chips is that you can munch away, knowing you are working on your veggie servings for the evening.
- 1 small sweet potato per person
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice sweet potato(es) roughly 1/16 inch thick with a mandolin.
- Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the potato slices on the baking sheet, in a single layer. Spritz the top of the slices with more cooking spray.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip slices.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Check and flip again (the smaller slices will need to be taken off now.)
- Continue baking, checking and flipping every 5 minutes until all the slices are dry and firm.
- Let cool, and enjoy.