They may be called Breakfast Enchiladas, but these little bundles of eggs, ham, corn, and beans and great for breakfast or dinner!
Like most holidays, Easter bring tables laden with a wealth of food. We always seem to be eating ham and eggs for weeks. And, while we do love leftovers, sometimes it’s nice to be able to create something other than ham sandwiches or egg salad.
Enchiladas are a fun way to disguise leftovers because your filling options can be endless!
Ham, hard boiled (or even deviled) eggs, and some kind of corn side dish are always present at our Easter celebrations. But, you could really use any meat or vegetable you have on hand with the eggs for a tasty enchilada. (I’d just be wary of using those creamy vegetable casseroles. I don’t know how green bean casserole or cheesy potato casserole would fare as enchilada filling. But, who knows. You might discover something delicious…)
We added a bit of our homemade taco seasoning to the filling to give it a bit more Mexican flair. And, then whipped up a quick batch of homemade red enchilada sauce to bring everything together into one delicious bake.
The dish comes together so quickly that it would be perfect for breakfast or an easy weeknight dinner.
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 c cooked ham, diced
- 1 c corn (leftover or frozen, thawed)
- 1 c black beans, cooked (drained if canned)
- ½ c pepper jack cheese, shredded (plus extra for topping)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (Make your own using THIS RECIPE.)
- 4 c enchilada sauce (Make your own using THIS RECIPE.)
- 8 6” corn tortillas
- Sour cream or avocado slices to top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350⁰F.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped eggs, ham, corn, black beans, cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Spread about half of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Fill each tortilla with about ½ c of the filling mixture and place it, seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and top with the remaining ¼ c of cheese. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving with sour cream and avocado slices, if desired.
Today, the Sunday Supper crew has you covered with 35 dishes and desserts to help you enjoy the flavors of Easter (and Passover) leftovers in a different kind of way. Thanks to Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake and Stacy of Food Lust People Love for hosting this week’s event.
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham Spinach & Gruyère Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brei Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Black Pepper Fried Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- Cal-Mex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus and Capers Panini by Family Foodie
Soups and Salads
- Ham and Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Brownies with Kentucky Bourbon and Chocolate Mint Ganache by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Brownie No Bake Cheesecake by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’mores by Desserts Required
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.